Monday, August 20, 2018

Nothing ever truly ends

I close my eyes
to feel the cold air
touching my lungs
again –
I was warm,
the light was 
so tangled in my hair
that my fingers 
turned to gold.

Everything about it was
a forever could have been.

Back then,
there was a storm
raging
in my heart
and no one heard
the scream,
the thunder.
At night
the walls of my room
were filled with
lightings coming out
of my chest,
but the noise never 
woke anyone up
besides myself.

Everything ended
how all things end:
it didn't.
Think about it,
nothing ever truly ends,
isn't it so?
Yes,
with time
the storm 
turned to drizzle,
the thunders
turned to whispers,
the lightning
turned to dark,
but the core of it all
lives on
in me.
I just had to let go
of the storm
so I could live.

Sometimes,
at nights,
I think of you. 
I close my eyes
and I'm on that bridge again,
the city lights
reflecting 
in the water,
the cold air
smashing 
my lungs.
I'm smiling 
because
I can still hear the thunder.

Nothing ever truly ends
because nostalgia
will carry on
forever
and oh,
how lucky we are
to have lived things
worth feeling nostalgic over.

One of the most nostalgic songs I've ever heard. It fits.

8 comments:

  1. I am truly grateful to the holder of this website who has shared this impressive piece of writing at at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if this is just a spam comment, but just in case it's not - thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. everything transforms


    i open my eyes
    and i find myself
    here with you
    lost again -
    i am light,
    and you are darkness
    we keep touching
    our fingers
    not daring
    to do more
    as darkness
    turns into gold.

    i wish we could do this forever,
    but eventually everything transforms.

    a million
    years ago,
    i met you
    as a star
    you were bright
    and shiny,
    but turned into dust.
    i have tried to save you
    and i still do,
    but a cosmic storm
    came
    and you were since
    gone.

    i never lost
    hope
    and with time
    i have
    realized
    you turned into
    cosmic objects
    you were still
    alive.

    i am still
    trying to collect you,
    every speck
    of dust,
    but everybody
    holds you
    closely.
    it has been
    so hard.

    i know
    i am egoistic,
    i want you
    just for me,
    but you gave life to planets
    and you took away
    my harmony.

    who is to decide
    if it's fair
    or not.
    at least,
    i have remained with your darkness
    and your darkness
    remained
    around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to read both poems while listening to the song posted. And I can say that both work if you read them really slow. One is earthy, and the other airy.

    It's a shame that people do not leave on their name.

    I think I have found another song that might work as well.
    https://youtu.be/4mLbSumTrBw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What were the chances of you leaving a comment exactly here, after the talk that we had yesterday? Can't be a coincidence.

      Delete
    2. tocmai am vazut comentariul asta. ce vremuri. :)

      Delete
    3. Asta sună de parcă au trecut ani de zile. :))

      Delete
    4. timpul trece mai repede decât crezi :)))

      Delete

Vorbește-mi.